Sunday, May 1, 2011

Guild Wars 6th Anniversary

I was excited to see that it was Guild Wars 6th anniversary celebration this weekend. I love that game. In fact, it's my favorite MMO of all time. So, I signed on last night looking forward to some anniversary fun. Sadly, it was not to be had.

First of all I looked through my many toons to see if any of them had a birthday gift. Only my little monk had so I eagerly clicked on it and got a Palawa Joko mini-pet. Not bad for a 2nd year birthday gift. I quickly stuffed it in my Xunlai Chest and logged into my main character, a wammo named Proper Jack. I made a quick trip to the Eye of the North and dedicated the mini-pet at her shrine. She gets all the good stuff.

Next I took her to the Shing Jea Monastery where the anniversary celebration was taking place. This is where the disappointment set in. They had the usual Shing Jea Boardwalk games going which are essentially pay-for-title-points events. I didn't want to take part in them because I'm trying to save up for an elite armor set for Jack.

So, I decided to try the roller beetle racing. It was fun the first 3 or 4 times around the track. Then boredom set in because the track never varied. The skills never varied. The mystery boxes set along the track only contained power-ups and no other prizes. Setting boredom aside,  I raced enough to get 5 of the victory tokens. This is quite a feat for me since I'm rather bad at racing but I wanted to get at least a small prize. Turned out I wasn't even able to get the smallest prize because they cost 10 victory tokens.There was no way I was going to race enough to get 5 more tokens. It just wasn't fun enough for me. So, I gave my tokens to my husband and he got a Flask of Firewater with them. All of that for a +3 to his Drunkard  title.

While I am disappointed that the 6th Anniversary celebration wasn't better I do know why. They are focusing their energy on Guild Wars 2 and that is perfectly acceptable to me. I'm very excited about Guild Wars 2 and thoughts of it soothed my disappointment away. I can't wait to make an Asuran. Hopefully there will be a Golem-mancer profession for them. That would totally ROCK.

No comments:

Post a Comment